The Municipal Zoning Board of the City of Nelsonville has 4 open positions available.
- The Commission is composed of Five (5) persons who are appointed by council.
- The Board obtains its jurisdiction, power and limit of authority from the Council of the City of Nelsonville, Athens County, Ohio under Nelsonville City Charter §7.02, Ordinance 44-98 (“the Zoning Code”) of the City of Nelsonville, Athens County, Ohio and any amendments thereto which became originally effective December 28, 1998; Ordinance 59-06 (“the Sign Regulations”) of the City of Nelsonville, Athens County, Ohio and any amendments thereto which became originally effective on February 8, 2007; and Ordinance 21-85 (“the Flood Damage Reduction Code”) of the City of Nelsonville, Athens County, Ohio, and any amendments thereto which became originally effective on January 6, 1986 and substantially amended on December 18, 2009.
- The Board will hear cases as provided in applicable codes which include appeals.
- alleging error in an administrative order or decision
- alleging error in interpretation of application information
- requesting variance from the Zoning Code
- requesting variance from the Sign Regulations
- requesting variance from the Flood Damage Reduction Code and applications for.
- conditional or special use permits
- change to non-conforming uses or buildings
- bed and breakfast establishments
- home occupations
- extension of permits for temporary buildings
Send your letter of interests to Scott Frank, Nelsonville City Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 211 Lake Hope Drive, Nelsonville, Ohio 45764.