City Offices CLOSED in Observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Monday, January 16th, 2023
The City of Nelsonville announces that all City offices will be closed on Monday, January 16, 2023, in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday. City offices will re-open for business on Tuesday, January 17, 2023, for regular business hours.
Open Council Positions
The City of Nelsonville is seeking people interested in filling two (2) open positions of City Council member as soon as possible. To be considered for the City Council, the applicants must be a qualified elector who has been continuously a resident and a qualified elector of the City of one (1) year next prior to their election, and who is not the occupant of an incompatible office, shall be eligible to serve as a member of City Council. Each member of Council shall continue to be a resident and qualified elector of the City throughout their term of office, failing which Council shall remove them from office.
Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA)
- Effective January 1, 2023, the Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA) will begin collecting municipal income tax for the City of Nelsonville.
- RITA provides income tax collection and processing services for more than 350 of Ohio’s municipalities and is the largest municipal income tax collection agency in the state.
- RITA’s shared services offer municipalities a comprehensive, efficient and effective solution to income tax collection that results in cost savings and increased tax collections.
- The City of Nelsonville chose RITA for its ability to offer residents and businesses free online services and its ability to maximize the City’s tax collection efforts.
- RITA will be responsible for the administration and collection of all municipal income taxes and will serve the City of Nelsonville in this capacity.
- If you have any questions regarding your City of Nelsonville income tax, please contact RITA’s customer service representatives at 800-860-7482.
MORE RITA INFORMATION TO COME OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS!
City Offices CLOSED in Observance of New Year Holiday
Monday, January 2nd, 2023
The City of Nelsonville announces that all City offices will be closed on Monday, January 2, 2023, in observance of the New Year Holiday. City offices will re-open for business on Tuesday, January 3, 2023, for regular business hours.
Utilities Office Closing at 1 PM
Friday, December 23
The City of Nelsonville Utilities Office will close at 1:00PM today Friday, December 23, 2022, due to the inclement winter weather. The office will reopen on Tuesday, December 27, 2022, for regular business hours. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
CLOSED in Observance of Christmas
Monday, December 26
The City of Nelsonville announces that all City offices will be closed on Monday, December 26, 2022, in observance of the Christmas Holiday. City offices will re-open for business on Tuesday, December 27, 2022, for regular business hours.
Utility Office Closed
11 am to 1 pm, Wednesday, December 21
The City of Nelsonville Utilities Office will be closed Wednesday, December 21, 2022, from 11:00AM until 1:00PM for the city employee's annual Christmas luncheon.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
Last Leaf Pick-up Day
Friday, December 16, 2022
The City of Nelsonville announces that Friday, December 16, 2022, is the last day for leaf pick-up. Leaf pick-up will depend on the weather conditions.
Follow these steps for curbside leaf pick-up.
- Rake leaves to curbside, DO NOT include branches, sticks, grass clippings or tall grass. These can clog and damage the equipment and cause delays. City crews will not be raking any leaves.
- DO NOT rake leaves into the street. This can clog storm drains.
- DO NOT pile leaves around fire hydrants, street signs or utility poles.
- DO NOT PARK in front of leaf piles on pick-up days.
When your leaves are curbside and ready, schedule curbside leaf pick-up by using Nelsonville’s “TextMyGov, text “Hi” to 740-265-3858 and a series of texts will guide you through the reporting process, or call, 740-753-1314, Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Christmas Toy Giveaway
The Nelsonville Division of Fire is proud to again host the annual Jim Conrad memorial Christmas toy giveaway!
The event is open to all children who live in the Nelsonville-York School district. All you need to do is show up at the fire house Wednesday, December 14 or Thursday, December 15, 2022, between 5:00 P.M and 8:00P.M. to receive a toy! Parents will need to bring a photo ID to verify their address. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Each child will receive one (1) toy. Santa will be on site for the kids. Drivers should be patient and expect traffic delays on Lake Hope Drive around the Fire Department.
Nelsonville FD Santa Parade
Friday, December 16 starting at 5:30 pm
This holiday season again looks very different than in years past. Because of this our crew members have made the decision to help Santa again and escort the jolly old elf throughout town. After a few meetings with Santa Claus and the Fire Pup we have a plan!
On Friday, December 16, 2022, starting at 5:30 PM firefighters will escort Santa Claus and the Fire Pup throughout town. We will cover most city streets so the kids can see Santa Claus and the Fire pup. The route is posted below and will take approximately 1 hour to complete. As the Santa Parade leaves the fire station, it will head East looping around back to Lake Hope Drive. If there is a Fire or EMS call during this time we will continue after. We ask that everyone stay on your porch or in your yard to limit groups to households. Santa Claus looks forward to seeing all of you again this year!