City Council VIRTUAL Meeting
Monday, July 27 at 7:00 pm
Nelsonville City Council will meet in regular session Monday, July 27, 2020 at 7 pm.
Finance Committee VIRTUAL Meeting
Thursday, July 23 at 7:00 pm
Nelsonville City Council Finance Committee will meet Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 7PM. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss city finances.
Boil Order CANCELED
Clinton Street, Elizabeth Street and Oak Street
The City of Nelsonville Water Department has canceled the boil order for Clinton Street, Elizabeth Street and Oak Street.
We would like to thank those affected by this incident for their patience and understanding.
Did you know it is not too late?
You still have time to take the 2020 Census. It is safe, secure, and easy to do online.
If you need help filling out your census, please call the Nelsonville City Auditor’s Office at 740-753-2233
Municipal Zoning Board Open Positions
The Municipal Zoning Board of the City of Nelsonville has 4 open positions available.
- The Commission is composed of Five (5) persons who are appointed by council.
- The Board obtains its jurisdiction, power and limit of authority from the Council of the City of Nelsonville, Athens County, Ohio under Nelsonville City Charter §7.02, Ordinance 44-98 (“the Zoning Code”) of the City of Nelsonville, Athens County, Ohio and any amendments thereto which became originally effective December 28, 1998; Ordinance 59-06 (“the Sign Regulations”) of the City of Nelsonville, Athens County, Ohio and any amendments thereto which became originally effective on February 8, 2007; and Ordinance 21-85 (“the Flood Damage Reduction Code”) of the City of Nelsonville, Athens County, Ohio, and any amendments thereto which became originally effective on January 6, 1986 and substantially amended on December 18, 2009.
Natural Gas Leak Evacuation Order Canceled
Residents within a 1/2 block radius of the intersection of Walnut Street and Harper Street may now return to their homes.
The Nelsonville Division of Fire has contained the natural gas leak at the intersection of Walnut Street and Harper Street. Person who were evacuated may return to their homes. Crews are working in the area so please avoid this area. Thank you for your assistance and cooperation during this incident.
Face Covering Required to Enter Aquatic Center
Due to Ohio Public Health Advisory System Risk Level 3 “RED”
Athens County has issued an Ohio Public Health Advisory System Risk Level 3 “RED” – Very high exposure and spread is occurring in Athens County. Due to this advisory level the Nelsonville Aquatics Center wants to remind customers of their COVID-19 rules which now includes that face coverings are REQUIRED to enter the facility and must be worn while not swimming starting July 18, 2020.
- If you feel sick or have COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms DO NOT come to the aquatics center.
- If you become sick or begin to have COVID-19 symptoms while at the aquatics center, please go home and seek medical treatment.
- Practice social distancing guidelines with persons outside your immediate family and social group.
- Face coverings are REQUIRED to enter aquatics center and must be worn while not swimming.
- Please follow social distancing floor markings while in line at the concession stand and restrooms.
- No children under 12 will be admitted without adult supervision.
- All lockers are off limits.
- No life jackets can be borrowed.
- We are limiting the sharing of all communal property.
- Bring your own chairs.
- No diving boards will be available.
We apologize for any inconvenience these restrictions may cause but they are necessary for the safety for everyone. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.