Grover Street Closure Extended
From Fort Street to Oak Street
Now includes Monday, May 25 & Tuesday, May 26
The City of Nelsonville announces that the Grover Street closure from Fort Street to Oak Street has been extended to include, Monday, May 25, 2020 and Tuesday, May 26, 2020 due to weather delays. The roadway will be closed each day from 7:00AM until 6:00PM. The roadway is being closed for an R&R Pipeline gas line repair project, weather permitting. Please use an alternate route.
Elizabeth Street Closure
From Clinton Street to College Street
Thursday, May 28 - Friday, June 5
The City of Nelsonville announces that Elizabeth Street will be closed from Clinton Street to College Street, Thursday, May 28, 2020 through Friday, June 5, 2020, weekdays only. The roadway will be closed each day from 7:00 AM until 6:00 PM.
The roadway is being closed for an R&R Pipeline gas line repair project, weather permitting.
Please use an alternate route.
Open Position in City Auditor's Office
The Nelsonville City Auditor is seeking a full time Deputy Auditor to begin June first or as early in June as possible. The selected candidate will be professional, driven, experienced, and ready to take on an extremely challenging environment facing local governments and local financing.
Please read the responsibilities and expectations below before submission.
- Start to finish accounts payable responsibilities in tandem with the Auditor
- Records organization
- Procedure creation for a plethora of processes around city hall
- Maintaining compliance with state and local laws as it pertains to records, accounting, money handling, fuel tracking, credit card usage, invoices, and more
- Safely depositing large amounts into the bank
- Strong customer service on the phone with residents
- Timely payment to vendors
- Developing working relationship with vendors
- Ability to audit a range of activities, accounts, and procedures alongside the Auditor
- Spotless record on ethics and trust
- An absolutely flawless past in handling money
- Experience in local government financing
- Experience in accounts payable
- Experience with local government budgeting
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent computer skills
- Willingness to learn rapidly
- Willingness to grow and take on dynamic problems
- $40,000 a year salary
- Benefits package offered
- Time off and paid holidays
Please send resumes including work experience, education, contact information, three references, and a brief statement on why you are right for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Madison Street Partial Closure
From West Franklin Street to Cross Street
Wednesday, May 20 & Thursday, May 21, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
The Nelsonville Water Department announces that Madison Street will be closed from West Franklin Street to Cross Street, Wednesday, May 20, 2020 and Thursday, May 21, 2020. The roadway will be closed each day from 7:00 am until 6:00 pm. The north bound lane will be open to area residence. The roadway is being closed for a water valve installation, weather permitting. Please use an alternate route.
City Government Offices CLOSED
Memorial Day, Monday, May 25
The City of Nelsonville Government Offices will be closed Monday May 25, 2020 in observance of Memorial Day.The City Offices will be re-open on Tuesday May 26, 2020.
Finance Committee VIRTUAL Meeting
Monday, May 18 at 7 pm
The Nelsonville City Council Finance Committee will meet Monday, May 18, 2020 at 7 PM to discuss city finances. Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the public may not attend in person.
Boil Order Canceled
The City of Nelsonville Water Department has canceled the boil order for State Route 691, Elm Rock Road, Kimberly Road, East Canal Street from the “Y” to State Route 691 and Hocking College.
We would like to thank those affected by this incident for their patience and understanding.