Boil Order Notice
The Nelsonville Water Department has issued a boil order for water customers on Bessemer Road from the intersection of Woodlane Drive and Carbon Hill Road to Buchtel, State Route 78 from the intersection of Sylvania Avenue and State Route 78 to Buchtel and all the Village of Buchtel. The Nelsonville York City School Complex IS NOT INCLUDED in this boil order.
The boil order will be in effect until 12:00PM, Friday, September 22, 2023, unless notified otherwise. This boil order is due to a water line break and repair.
When a boil order is in effect, we ask all who are affected to boil their cooking and drinking water for (3) three minutes before being consumed.
Finance Committee Meeting
Wednesday, September 20 at 7:00 pm
The City of Nelsonville Finance Committee will hold a meeting on Wednesday, September 20, 2023, at 7:00 PM at City Hall. The meeting is being held to discuss the 2024 city budget.
Citizens comments may be made in person or Emailed to email@example.com by 1PM, Wednesday, September 20, 2023. The meeting may be streamed on the City of Nelsonville YouTube channel https://tinyurl.com/bhv6bp4u. The public is invited and encouraged to attend.
Street Closures - Week of September 18th
West Washington and Adams Street Intersection
The City of Nelsonville announces that the intersection of West Washington Street and Adams Street will be closed to traffic daily between the hours of 8:00AM and 6:00PM starting Tuesday, September 19 until Thursday, September 21, 2023. The intersection is being closed due to a gas main replacement. Please avoid this area and use an alternate route.
Hocking Parkway, between Ends of Loop Road
The City of Nelsonville announces that Hocking Parkway, between both ends of Loop Road will be closed to traffic Saturday, September 23, 2023, from 8:00AM until 8:00PM, due to the Hocking Collage home football game. Loop Road will be used as a detour route for this closure. Please avoid this area and use an alternate route.
Dog Park Board Meeting
Thursday, September 21 at 6:00 pm
The Nelsonville Dog Park Board will hold a meeting on Thursday, September 21, 2023, at 6:00PM, at City Hall. The meeting is being held to discuss,
- Board organization
- Grants and fundraising
- Local partnerships
- Dog park design
- Dog park rules
Citizens comments may be made in person or Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1PM, Thursday, September 21, 2023. The public is invited and encouraged to attend.
Nelsonville Trick or Treat
Friday, October 27, 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
The City of Nelsonville announces that Trick-Or-Treat; Beggar’s Night will be held on Friday, October 27, 2023, from 6:30PM to 7:30PM. It is important to use caution and plan ahead. Decisions on whether to participate should be made by individuals, and parents/guardians.
To help ensure adults and children have a safe Halloween, the City of Nelsonville has compiled a list of Halloween safety tips. Before Halloween arrives, be sure to choose a costume that will not cause safety hazards.
- Carry hand sanitizer and use it often, especially after coming into contact with frequently touched surfaces and before eating candy.
- If taking your children trick-or-treating, limit the number of houses you visit and ask your children to stay as far from treat-givers as possible. For small children, consider holding the bag for them.
- Wipe off candy wrappers with sanitizing wipes when you arrive home. (NOTE: Never wipe unpackaged food with wipes.)
- Allow children to eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid homemade treats made by strangers.
- Stay home if you or your child feels sick, has symptoms of COVID-19 or is at high risk of complications.
- All costumes, wigs and accessories should be fire-resistant.
- Avoid masks, which can obstruct vision.
- If children are allowed out after dark, fasten reflective tape to their costumes and bags, or give them glow sticks.
- When buying Halloween makeup, make sure it is nontoxic and always test it in a small area first.
- Remove all makeup before children go to bed to prevent skin and eye irritation.
When They're on the Prowl.
- A responsible adult should accompany young children on the neighborhood rounds.
- If your older children are going alone, plan and review a route acceptable to you.
- Agree on a specific time children should return home.
- Teach your children never to enter a stranger's home or car.
- Instruct children to travel only in familiar, well-lit areas and stick with their friends.
- Tell your children not to eat any treats until they return home.
- Children and adults are reminded to put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, do not run, across the street.
- Drivers are urged to use extreme caution while driving in the Nelsonville area and watch for the children during this time period.
City Council Meeting Recording
From Monday, September 11th, 2023
The Nelsonville City Council held a regular meeting Monday, September 11, 2023, at 7PM.
The meeting was streamed on the City of Nelsonville YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/bhv6bp4u, and the recording is available below:
City Council Meeting
Monday, September 11th at 7:00 pm
The Nelsonville City Council will hold a regular Council meeting on Monday, August 14, 2023, at 7:00PM in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Citizens comments and business and organizational comments may be made in person or Emailed to email@example.com by 1PM, Monday, August 14, 2023. The meeting may be streamed on the City of Nelsonville YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/bhv6bp4u. The public is invited and encouraged to attend.
Pleasantview Partial Closer Extended
Through at least Monday, September 25th
The City of Nelsonville has extended the closure of Pleasantview Avenue from Woodlane Drive to Diamond Street to traffic until at least Monday, September 25, 2023. The closure is being extended due to crews having difficulty boring through rock to replace the broken 8-inch water line under Pleasantview Avenue. Please avoid this area and use an alternate route.
Nelsonville Public SQ CLOSED
Monday, September 11th, 8:00 am to Noon for 9-11 Memorial Service
The Nelsonville Fire Department will be closing the Nelsonville Public Square on Monday, September 11, 2023, from 8:00 AM until 12:00 PM for a 9-11 memorial service. The memorial service will start at 8:46 AM, the time American Airlines Flight 11, flew into the North Tower of the World Trade Center in New York City. Additional times will be commemorated at,
- 9:03 AM, When United Airlines Flight 175 flew into the South Tower of the World Trade Center in New York City.
- 9:37 AM, When American Airlines Flight 77 flew into the Pentagon in Arlington County, Virginia.
- 10:03 AM, When United Airlines Flight 93 crashed into a field in Stonycreek Township near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
Local emergency responders, along with the citizens they protect, will take time out of their workday to commemorate the terrorist attacks in New York City, and Washington, D.C., and the bravery of the passengers that went down with the plane in Shanksville, PA on September 11, 2001. The commemoration ceremonies will honor the 2,507 civilians, 72 law enforcement officers, 343 firefighters, 10 emergency medical workers, and 55 military service personnel who lost their lives, or gave their lives saving others. Many first responders are still fighting for their lives, and others are losing their lives, because of their response to Ground Zero. Each year we lose a few more.
Everyone is encouraged to take a few minutes and acknowledge the loss to the country and the victim’s families…mark the day, and remember…, so that WE WILL NEVER FORGET.
Office Closed for Labor Day
Monday, September 4, 2023
The City of Nelsonville announces that all City offices will be closed on Monday, September 4, 2023, in observance of the Labor Day Holiday. City offices will re-open for business on Tuesday, September 5, 2023, for regular business hours.